8/09/2010

This blog...

This blog will probably be going on an indefinite hiatus. I still feel the tug to write, but I am just lacking in energy because I'm being pulled in eight different directions at all times it seems.

In addition to that, I just inherited a long-distance relationship, and those take a lot of energy. This move to a long distance relationship is not a surprise for me (as it may have been for some people when it was announced last Sunday). Heathcliff and I had been debating about this for a while, and recently, he was offered a classroom job, which is what he's been wanting. Moreover, Heathcliff prefers his hometown over this one (just as a city - he likes the people here), and I think he'll be much happier there.

It hasn't been easy to come to this decision. In fact, I went over to his house about three Sundays ago and informed him that I was giving him an ultimatum: marry or break up. After that, we didn't speak for four or five days, taking some time to think separately from one another. After resuming talking and it becoming apparent that he had no choice but to move, I came to the conclusion (which I shared with him) that this is only going to prove, once and for all, if we are compatible or not (which is what has been keeping him from marrying me in the first place).

There are two types of couples when it comes to long distance relationships: those who have a strong bond and those who have a weak bond. If we have a strong bond, we'll be just fine and probably grow even closer due to the separation. However, if we have a weak bond, we'll fall flat on our faces. I told Heathcliff that this is the last chance, the last straw and that if the relationship doesn't work this time, that's it; I'm done, I'm out. He said he understood and agreed. Contrary to how I may have looked last Sunday (no one likes their significant other leaving), I am very much in a good place. I'm comfortable knowing that if things fall apart, they were meant to fall apart, and if things get better, they were meant to get better.

So, feel free to check back periodically for sporadic entries, but just know that I probably won't be posting that regularly anymore. But I definitely will be lurking, reading, and commenting!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you're up for a girl's night! Coffee, smoothies, whatever might make the pain a little more bearable.

    ReplyDelete