8/28/2011

Hi. I'm still alive.

And out here in cyberspace. I really dont have much to report of as of late. Spiritually or life wise.

I took care of the drama. I told some people if you're going to keep acting the way you do, I'll be nice to you but I'm not going to tolerate people who lie to me and talk crap about me behind my back as friends.  Needless to say, they're cut out of my life now. And I'm much better off for it.

School has started back and these kids seem so much nicer than last semester's.

Had lunch with Ireland's sister in which I received my good rosary back. Bless that girl! She had to go into his room to find it. Also learned that he lied like 12582397643-8u634-0u60-349u63-4906ydjshgadjf times to me. (And that's no exaggeration).

And then I kid you not, as soon as I felt at peace about that situation, I met another guy at the bar the next day.

His pick up line was "Hi. I'm The Ginger. You're super cute."  And he ran off another guy who tried to pick me up that night. And he asked for my number three times that night. And he asked me on a date. And I told him no, I wasn't any ordinary girl and he'd have to work hard to get me. And he's stuck around. And then for the entire next week he asked for my number, so I finally said yes. And now I keep getting asked for a date, but he says "I'll stick around in any capacity possible so long as I get to hang around you." Right now he knows he's in the friend space because he knows I have trust issues, but I kinda like this kid. Like, I might even like him more than the last one.

Church is good, I guess. I've heard quite a few things from the pulpit that disturb me,  and I've seen quite a few practices that upset me. I signed up to teach catechism to 7-12 grades because I figure it's the least I can do with my teaching skills for the church. And all the old people love me. They're so amazed at a 25 year old coming to daily mass. I just want to look at them and say "This is parish is dead as far as the youth is concerned." But I know why they're there. They're praying for their children and their grandchildren.  I had one old man told me seeing my face in daily mass gave him hope for his kids. I didn't even realize my mass attendance could do that.

I want to come back to St. Joe's soon. I miss you guys! But I won't be able to as I won't get paid for another two months.  But when I do, I'm coming to visit!


3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you! We may be going to Columbus next week---are you still off on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - you need to come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete