2/18/2011

Seven Quick Takes

1.
I'm being a bad girl tonight and making pizza. Along with said pizza, I am going to drink a beer. Probably my first beer (alone) in quite some time. Heathcliff did convince me whilst he was here to partake in one with him.

2.
How the heck am I just now discovering Copeland?!?!  Seriously, where was I???  Oh that's right, I stopped listening to music because most of it is crap.

3.
My cat licked my butter bar while I was making a grilled cheese.  Thank you cat, you have now made 1/4 of a bar of butter uneatable. At least I know that you won't have hair ball problems anytime soon.

4.
I'm getting really stressed out.  Mid-terms are quickly approaching, and I feel like I'm way behind, though I'm about right on schedule.  It's just I received everyone's first essays this week. Ack! We have:
1 online class @ 11 = 11
1 online class @ 8  = 8
3 in person classes @ 58
A grand total of 77 essays that need to be graded within the next week and that number doesn't include
all the late stragglers.

5.
For Lent, I think I have decided to go completely meatless (because I still occasionally eat chicken. Mostly I eat meat when Heathcliff is around because I don't think he really cares for meatless dishes). On Fridays, I will give up alcohol to replace the meat fast. It's a test run to see if I'm called to vegetarianism.  Or not. More on this later.

6.
I get paid a week from Monday.  I will do a happy bootay dance that day.  Probably all day.  Feel free to come watch.

7.
If ever you are in need of a good clean laugh that you can share not only with other adults but with your kids as well, check out Homestar Runner.  It was meant to be a kid's book.  Sadly, it was never published (if I recall correctly). So the owners turned it into a kid's website, which, oddly enough, became more popular with adults than kids. But you can still enjoy it with your kids. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment