9/16/2011

Quick Takes

I really have nothing new or awesome to post these days, so here's some quick takes.

1.
There's a boy in Britain. I don't know his real name or much about where he lives or what he does or even really too much about what he looks like.  But two years ago, he started following me on twitter because "he thought I was cute, and I liked Dr. Who." Occasionally, he'll tweet me stating how "hot" or "cute" I am. So when I get rejected by boys in town, I just tell myself, "It's okay. The British boy still thinks I'm tops!"

2.
Heathcliff was kind enough to send me a happy birthday text. I found that rather odd. I mean nice gesture, but it's just odd to talk to him at all these days. That chapter of my life feels so long and forever ago. 

3. 
I'm seriously considering traveling. Alone. I've always wanted to explore the big, wide world, and though it's always nice to take your friends along, how much more of an adventure would it be to just take yourself and rely on the kindness of strangers? And I think in traveling alone, you learn a lot about yourself, and for me, right now, there is no greater adventure than that because I think for twenty-four years, I've been playing and living up to everyone's ideas of who I should be. 

4.
I'm also looking to change careers. I'm working on securing some internships in the publishing industry. I am qualified for that type of job and have actually done it before in graduate school. And the publishing industry would afford me quit a bit of mobility.  

5.
Twenty-six has been very enjoyable so far. And I'm really happy to be here. When I was a kid, I thought for sure I'd never live past twenty-five, and given the car crash I had at twenty-two, I shouldn't have. But for some reason, I feel like a huge survivor for just making it past twenty-five.

6.
Two weeks until payday.  TWO MORE WEEKS. UGH. It cannot come soon enough!

7.
I'm thinking of starting a blog specifically about nerd things. Like comic books. And Dr. Who. And Star Trek. Just for fun. And maybe bum some google ad sense revenue off it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment