4/03/2012

Lenten Lessons

Lent has be weirdly productive and unproductive for me if that makes any sense.

I came in with the intent of giving up meat and dating, and well, meat fell by the wayside pretty quickly, especially now that I am running around 9 miles a week.  But the no getting serious about boys has stuck, even though I have several options should I wish to try to pursue anything right now.

I also took on praying more; that fell through, but I've been veiling. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but I've had a hat on my head for every Sunday mass during Lent and I love it. It's actually a lot easier to do than I originally thought, and I will probably continue the practice throughout the rest of the year.

I've also let go of some bitterness I've been carrying with me for a while. It feels good letting go, and I wonder why I just couldn't have done it sooner. I guess it's just my personality.

So I went in with these intentional goals, and most of those haven't been met. But I've also met a lot of unintentional goals.

That's really all that's been going on for now. Well, that, and I've been contemplating if it's possible to get a guy to convert because I have better luck with non-Catholic boys than Catholic ones, but that's another entry for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment