2/04/2010

This is just for cyberspace...

I know, I know, I told myself I wouldn't start this blog until Easter. And I'm not.

More and more I'm beginning to think that I should start it for Lent. It would be a real challenge for me to blog at least once a day with something semi-profound, if not profound and devote this time for meditation. Most of the time I'm either bumming around on the internet or playing video games anyway...But giving away those "leisure activities" for more lofty ones (i.e. more time writing on top of the 2-3 hours I try to spend writing anyway) well, that would be somewhat painful and draining. It would, in its own way, be a type of penance for me.


So if I'm not starting this blog now, then what am I doing writing you ask? I want prayers. And lots of them. Not for me, but for an old friend. When I converted to Catholicism, I had to leave a completely different lifestyle behind. I tried to remain friends with this person, but she wouldn't have anything of it; all she wanted to do was indulge in drunkenness, gluttony, and gossip, and because I didn't do those things anymore, I wasn't fun and got dubbed a "wet blanket." Also, she has a problem with catholicism and thinks it's like a cult. We went our separate ways, not by my choice, but by hers. And if she were to call me one day, I would be glad to hear from here, but I don't think that will ever be the case.

It's hard for me at times because at one point, I wanted her to be my maid of honor. Now, I'm afraid the gap is too wide for that or for us to even be as close as we once were. But I still know her inside out, and I still care for her very deeply. I always mention her in my prayers, but sometimes, I feel like it's just not enough.

I say all this because she is very feministic, very pro-choice, and very headstrong when it comes to religion. But deep down, I don't think she is truly any of these things. She's got a good heart, and I believe in that part of her. Just now, on facebook, she joined the Planned Parenthood cause (which somehow garners money from facebook?). It breaks my heart to see her supporting things like this when I know she wants a baby, a family, etc.

I know I'm only one person, but sometimes I feel like I'm not praying hard enough or loud enough. Somedays, I feel like I screaming prayers that just fall on deaf ears. But, I also know there is strength in numbers too.

I know there's people in Haiti who could use more prayers than she could. I know there are tons more souls to pray for, souls that actually want to be converted, souls that want to be saved. But aren't we supposed to reach out to those souls who cannot or will not pray for themselves?

So, if you happened by chance about this blog and read this entry, could you please spare a moment in your prayers and pray that my friend has a serious conversion of heart? It would mean a lot to me, and I'll be sure and say a pray for you as well as give thanks for your prayers.

Much love.
V

1 comment:

  1. Done! And I will keep doing it!

    PS-Thanks for giving me just a taste of the blog! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete