4/12/2011

(A Belated) Weekend Highlights (From Two Weeks Ago)

V: *looking at the gps and pressing the breaks*
Ireland: Whoa, whoa, whoa, sweetie!
V: What? *stops just in front of car ahead of us*
Ireland: Oh, you see that car. Ok. Well, I'm not embarrassed at all now.
V: For what? Being a backseat driver?
Ireland: No, for what I just called you.

__________________________________

Ireland: Do you drink?
V. Occasionally. I get tipsy easily. And if I drink till I'm tipsy, then I don't count my drinks and get drunk. And it's a sin to get drunk! So I don't drink that much.
Ireland: I don't have that problem. I never get drunk. It must be the Irish because I have to drink like ten drinks before I feel anything!
V. Seriously?!?! That's almost a superpower.
Ireland: That's a lame superpower! How am I supposed to save the world with that?


__________________________________


V. : Sometimes, I dumb myself down around people to fit in.  A lot of guys have problems with me because I've got two degrees. I like book stores, and I like books. So, I'm not pointing out all these books I've read to be bragging. I just don't want you to think I'm flaunting it in your face.
Ireland: It doesn't bother me. Let me show you something. *drags V. to the comic book section*
Read it, own it, own it, own it, read it, own it....
V. : I haven't read any of these.
Ireland: Exactly. But this is what I'm educated about. You like books, I like comic books. We're even. And no it doesn't bother me that you're smart. So don't change.

___________________________________

V. : Oh gosh, it's so nice to find someone who has all the same interests and a similar sense of humor! I've learned to really scale my nerdyness back to fit in.
Ireland: *leaning in across the table and whispering* Don't hold back. Talk nerdy to me!
V. : Ahahaha, that's so cheesy, but I love it!

___________________________________

Store Clerk: Do you need any help?
V.: Oh, no thank you, but thank you!
Store Clerk: By the way, I like your style.
V.: OH! Thanks!
Ireland: You know, I was going to jump in and but then I saw how excited you were about that compliment, and I said, no, let her have her moment. She looks so proud.

And there are a few more moments, but those I'll keep to myself.

Less than three,

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment