6/09/2011

Am I growing up as a Catholic?

Somedays, submitting your will to God's will . . .

just plain sucks.

If your will doesn't match up with His, that is.  I really, really wanted this one thing to happen.  And it almost did, but now it's not. Events did a complete 180. And it's just not right or fair or even makes sense!

I've been a good little girl though and following along, even though my heart completely wants to do something else. I've reasoned through it with this brain God gave me, prayed about it, and I decided to back off and just leave it alone. This is abnormal for me. Old me would have completely been gung ho and not contemplate anything.

Crazy thing is, I'm getting confirmations (in the Ignatian sense) left and right that I made the right decision, and I'm following God's will for me.

So after all of that, why do I still want to be disobedient? Why do I still want to want what's bad for me?

Somedays, I just want to hit my head against a wall. Today, I think I will.

Growing pains suck.

Aside from how this entry sounds, I'm very happy in my new place. I just needed a place to vent for a minute.

Less than 3,

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment