6/24/2011

Fish Friday

I've had pretty good days this past week. In fact, it's odd because I'd say in general my days are more good than bad or apathetic as they used to be. I'm happy with my job, my living arrangement, and I'm actually kinda happy being single. I mean, sure, I wouldn't mind a cute boy to buy me dinner and a movie every now and then, but for the most part, I'm keeping busy and happy on my own.

I'm learning more about myself than I ever really knew. For instance, I did not know the following about myself:

1. I like folk music and old country music.
2. I like floral print.
3. I like awkward, quirky, cult comedies.
4. I like hipster clothing and house decorations, even though I'm totally not a hipster.
5. I like being able to walk places, even if it's 100 degrees out.

I really haven't been anxious about anyone or anything except for the other night for just an hour or two.

And I feel like I've been more spiritually productive than I have in a long time.

I've heard Father say it before that if a person is depressed, then their spiritual life will suffer. I can't help but think that held true for me.  Moreover, I've been diligent about taking my medicine, but I've also had to become more disciplined.  Many doctors and therapists recommend exercise, a balanced diet, and strangely enough, sunshine to keep a chemically imbalanced person even keeled. I've been trying to do these things, as well as at least go to Mass three times a week.

I guess all I'm trying to say is while I still wrestle with situations and things and feelings in my heart an head, overall, I'm happy.  And that's something I haven't had in a long, long time.

Thanks be to God. 


Less than 3,
V.

No comments:

Post a Comment