12/04/2011

Is It Possible?

Do you think it's possible to find someone over the internet completely haphazardly?  Or rather, have someone find you? 

Who seems genuinely interested in you. 
Who shares a lot of common interests but is different enough to keep it interesting.
Who is smart enough but not so smart that he is socially stunted. 
Who is super cute and consistently tells you that you are super cute. 
Who lives half a world away but stays up until 2 a.m. his time to have conversations with you. 

I've never even heard his voice. We both have indicated we like each other, but we know a sea separates us. He wants me to stop by to say hi and go hang out while I'm in Dublin for spring break. But I'm hesitant. That's an awful long way to go for a boy, and this trip to Dublin is supposed to be about me being okay with me. 

I'd feel like an idiot not to go say hi and see what it would be like if we were together in person. He's in England, and I'd literally be an hour away. And it's not like I haven't tried to find someone around here. Every weekend, two nights a week, I'm doing something, putting myself out there, meeting boys, and making friends but there are just no sparks. None. 

But him, there's sparks. It's such a peculiar situation. 

Is it possible God might use the internet to bring someone into your life?  At this point, I'm open for whatever God wants to send my way. But I keep asking myself is this possible? 




1 comment:

  1. Of course it's possible. God can do whatever.

    While He's doing His job, you just need to make sure you're doing your job - discerning, praying, being open to the Spirit's promptings. Don't let yourself get carried away by a crazy fairy tale story just because you want it so badly and make decisions based on that alone - but be open to the way God moves and when there's peace, you're in the right spot, whether it's in Columbus or England.

    ReplyDelete