12/15/2011

Progress Report

Lately, people around the internet have been doing a good job of reminding me about one of God's greatest gifts: peace.

I knew when I moved from Starkville to Columbus, I was making the right decision. I was apprehensive, but I was at peace about it. Confident, almost. Excited. Like a little kid holding her breath for the end of the train. Knowing you could make it, but still, not so sure.

And I've loved being here. I really have. I've got a strong feeling of community, learned how to have confidence and a backbone, formed some really strong friendships, become more outgoing, and have had some really good times.

But I can't help but feel this is a place I felt I was put just to learn those things. A transitional place. Kinda like a train station. Just waiting for my next ride to show up.

And I know, I've felt it in my bones for a long time now, that I'm ready to go wherever. But I can't help but still feel Columbus has a few more things to teach me before I can set off in the big, wide world on my own.

A while back, I mentioned I was looking for somewhere bigger, somewhere that would offer me an adventure. And I know I've mentioned several times that I'm going to Ireland for spring break (I'm halfway to my monetary goal). But I feel like that trip would be a test run to really see if I'm ready for my big adventure, and it's one of the many reasons why it's so important that I go.

But I have the same feeling about this next move. I just know in my heart of hearts I'm not meant to be here right now. I think I'll wind back up in Mississippi in the long run, but I'm oddly at peace with the fact that I'll be moving again soon.

Now, if I could just learn to read the same sensations of peace with boys, I'd be doing well for myself. But that's another blog for another night.


No comments:

Post a Comment