5/26/2012

What's Different?

So, I re-read my last post, and it's got me thinking.

What happened? What's different? Why did I ever diverge away from Catholic boys in the first place?

I don't know if it was I wanted the complete opposite of Heathcliff or what. I do know trying to find a Catholic boy in Columbus pretty much made me want to give up hope and dating completely.

In fact, I almost went screaming the other direction when the first Catholic boy contacted me. I looked at his profile and his message and told my roommate "No, no, no! He's Heathcliff all over again." To which she rolled her eyes, read his message, and his profile and said,  "He's your type. That's what you like. You need to give him a chance."

So why am I gung ho and okay with this now? Is it just time? Am I ready to date after 1 year and 3 months? (I'll answer that for you - no! I quite like being single, and the idea of having to give up some of myself to another person, well, that just doesn't appeal to me at all). Is it because I'm so okay with myself and being predominately by myself that I'm now being afforded real opportunities with Catholic boys?

I'm not sure. It's just something to think about, for a moment, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment