3/15/2010

Praise Be to God

J and I went on a little day trip/adventure today. we went to the Our Lady of the Angels Monastery and shrine in Hanceville, Alabama today.

It was a wonderful day! So blessed. Really, truly, so blessed. And I got to do two things on my "Catholic bucket list." (My Catholic bucket list are things I want to do as a Catholic before I die).
I was able to check off lighting a candle and offering a prayer (which I now realize I can do at St. Joe's) AND I got to confess in a pre-vatican II style confessional. LIKE THE MOVIES! YESSSSSS.

Anyway, more to report and pictures tomorrow. I must say my prayers before I fall asleep and can't say them.

Needless to say, this trip was exactly what I needed to get me ready for Spiritual Break.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!!! I LOVE the shrine. I always feel so refreshed after a trip there. We'll be there at Easter. Glad you and J had a little get-away!

    ReplyDelete