5/26/2010

Mantillas

Okay okay, two posts in one day. Bad Veronica. (Because this probably means I've already spent too much time on the interwebs).

BUT!

I just had to show you this website. I've often heard the case for the mantilla, and I do feel pulled toward it. I'm just hesitant to do so. I don't really know why. I guess I would feel extremely out of place or by wearing it, it's like I'm silently announcing "I'm more holy because I've got a mantilla on my head."

But really, I like wearing a veil because I'm ADD. And if I hear something, I look, and I get distracted from God and prayer. When I wear my mantilla, I am sure to pull it about 1/2 farther off my head so it acts like blinders one might put on a horse. Then, all I can see is the alter and the tabernacle, and I'm not so inclined to look at think, "man she shouldn't be wearing that at mass, " or "Could you people please not talk!??!"

Anyway, more to come on this later. I really need to do something productive. Though this website I think is a productive find.

http://www.mantillawithme.com/Welcome.html

http://mantillawithme.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to write this exact same post! I will have to check out the websites later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete