5/04/2010

This Has Gotta Be Quick But...

But thank God for adoration, and thank God that he answers, even when I am in the undeserving state that I am in. I've read before that you can't clearly hear God's voice when you're in need of confession, and I'm in need of it, but I was still able to listen and hear. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

For a while now, at adoration, at mass, just whenever really, I've been drawn to the Litany of the Sacred Heart as well as the chaplet of Divine Mercy (these are the graces for saying it). I've always been drawn to the Litany of the Sacred Heart because of the twelve promises Jesus provides, but more importantly, I just like the idea of being devoted to the source of infinite love. It's only been recently that I've been doing this more frequently, and if you have been tuning in, I've gotten some clarity on my state in life, and in turn, that has brought me great peace. It hit me tonight when I started going through the Litany this peace is a direct result of these two prayers.

Something I've been contemplating and felt pushed to answer, and even personally asked by Jesus within the past few months, is "What do you want out of life, Veronica?" At first, "it was I'm really not sure Lord." Then, it was "to get married and have children." Recently, though, I've realized these aren't good answers. This isn't what Jesus was asking me. Rather, He was seeking confirmation and asking the obvious as it seems He is want to do. Lately, I've been trying to make my answer, "To be a good Catholic and to please You, O Lord." I think this is the answer He's been looking for all along. And in this, I realized all my other wants and desires, I have to let go of. Those wishes derive from my specific will, and if I really believe that life is a means to an end, I've got to empty myself out to be able to do God's will because that is what I should want to do and that is what will get me to Heaven to be with God.

It's at this point I realized a while back that I should forego my desires and really just let Jesus show me what needs to be done. To paraphrase Mother Teresa's saying that I so love, "I am a little pencil in God's hands." Write with me what You will. I think this is also the time I began to be drawn to the Litany of the Sacred Heart and Divine Mercy chaplet and the idea of the missions.

There is something absolutely freeing in giving your desires completely over to Jesus as well as completely putting Your trust in Him. Although it is tough. I almost think this is one meaning of what he meant when He said, "come unto me like little children." Children aren't afraid to believe and trust people; they haven't learned how to be skeptics to the extent that adults are. I am blessed in that I really can just believe in people and God and Jesus so easily. It's almost too easy. I only hope that other people, especially skeptics and doubters, see my belief and are inspired as well.

Tonight, I went with the intention of my vocation, as I have been for the past two months. And tonight, I feel like I got some consolation. Answers to questions I've been asking when I really feel like I don't deserve them. I've asked J. to pray to Litany and the Chaplet and ask the same questions I asked during his hour of adoration. I'm hoping and praying he receives the same answers I got. If so, it would be wonderful. If not, I'll be upset, but I'll be ok because I will trust like a little undoubting child that Jesus has something wonderful planned for me.

If you have never devoted yourself to the Sacred Heart Litany or the Divine Mercy Chaplet, I highly recommend it. And I'm not just saying this because of the promises. I'm saying this in all earnestness - pray them with all your heart, give Jesus all your wants, wishes, and wills, and then let Him show your His infinite love and mercy. I promise you, He never disappoints if your will is compatible to His.

Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord,
Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

1 comment: