5/31/2011

Poof!

And just like that, I'm a Columbus kid now.

Already I feel quite at home. Tomorrow, I'm getting up to walk to morning mass.

How weird and awesome it is to say that. I could have always started my day with mass, but it seems so much more feasible right now, right here. And I'm sure I'll be the youngest person there, but I'm sure I'll make an impression just because I do have a young face.

And who knows? I might even bust out the veil. Or a hat. Probably a hat. But maybe my veil.

I can't decide.

But it's a new parish, a new town, and a new time. Why not be different? Why not be uuber Catholic girl?

I mean, out of all my new friends I've made here, probably the first thing they might say about me is, "oh, she's sweet. And super Catholic."  So why not ask Father if I can donate an extra hour to adoration so that it can go until 10 p.m.? Why not ask to be involved in RCIA?  I've been worried that this parish won't be as great as St. Joe's, but I can certainly help to build it up if I find it lacking.

Really though, I can't thank God enough right now. Everything changes. Everything. I've been on the go all my life it seems. I never really live in one place more than four or five years at a time. Boyfriends come and go, friends come and go, you have to leave your family to work...but the one thing that remains ever the same is God.

Thank God He doesn't change. Thank God He knew all this would happen and in His wisdom He left us with the faith so that where ever we went, His church, His word, His people would be there to help us on our way.

Thanks be to God. 

1 comment: