2/05/2012

Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming (For at Least a Post)

I'm still reeling from the death of my Nana, and my brain is still kind of mush so bulleted list presentation it is.


  • I've got a guy that I really like, and he seems to really like me, but I already know there's no hope. 
    • 1. He hates MS - I'm just not sure I want to leave. Or if I do, I want it to be by myself so I know that it was for myself.
    • 2. He's not Catholic, though he is Christian. - It's like I'm speaking Catholiceese when I try to explain things. Funny thing is, Catholicism is a part of his culture, so I'm kinda amazed he knows so little being that he's somewhat ethnocentric. 
  • Lent is coming. I'm not sure what I'm giving up. Or rather, I might make myself veil at mass for all of Lent because that would be a pretty hard thing for me to do, to stick out like that. Then again, I probably already stick out being so young and coming to mass and sitting in the middle of 80 year olds. 
  • Is it weird that I think it's easier just to be alone? I mean, there are so many boys with so much potential, but then when it comes down to it, they all just fall short. Am I just getting pickier? Or is this some indication that I'm still burned out and in need of a sabbatical? 
  • I still think about the missions a lot. Problem is, I only want to go to far off places and help the orphans there (read: Africa, Ireland, etc) Knowing my luck, I'd get stuck in the Bronx. White country girl in the Bronx = no bueno. Then again, doing the work of the Lord, I would assume I'd be ok by myself. But really, wanting to go to the missions just only to help exotic orphans when there is so much to be done here stateside is so self-serving. That's not the kind of person who goes on missions. So continue to contemplate it, I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment