2/22/2012

If I see many liturgical abuses going on, and I do not feel that I am being fed spiritually... If I know other people who have approached father in a loving manner and asked that things change only to have their heads bitten off... If I am participating in lay-parish activities, and yet, after almost a year, no one has bothered to really get to know me... Am I obligated to stay in my parish? Don't I have a canonical right to go somewhere else or is the burden of conducting spiritual growth put on me? I know writing the bishop about my concerns should be the next step, but I don't much think he would care. I used to think picking and choosing your parish was so Protestant; now I'm just so hungry for a good spiritual home.Im m just so tired of the bad (or non-existent) homilies, bad liturgical practices, and lack of out reach when I'm sitting here saying, "here I am!" I just don't know what to do, but it's wearing me down enough that I think I might go to another parish for a while.

3 comments: