3/11/2011

Seven Quick Takes (Single Style)

1. 
I'm manic. One minute I'm fine, happy, and laughing, telling myself that I'm better off, and the next I'm a sobbing mess who can't finish her sentences without choking on her tears. This is not fun.

2. 
I still don't understand the reasons. I got every trite, cliched movie line pulled on me. We're better as friends than a couple. It's not you, it's me. I just don't want to be in a relationship right now. I proposed because I felt pressure by my parents to do it. I really have no idea why we broke up.


3. 
Though after all this, I realized we probably would have failed pre-cana horribly.

4. 
I feel like I wasted three good years of my life. WASTE-ED. I mean honestly, how do you date as a single Catholic? Do you? I feel like you can't.  Because if your casual dates don't lead anywhere near marriage, then you should part ways. Because good Catholics who have a strong indication that their vocation is marriage should date with the intention of marriage, right?

5. 
If possible, I think I might get a job and get out of the state.

6. 
But since I can't immediately get out of the state, I'm going home.  A place I haven't stayed any length of time for over 7 years.

7. 
I called up an old friend, a boy. I'm going to see his band while I'm home. He was so happy to hear from me and has such a positive outlook on life in general.  He talked to me about technology and didn't force conversational topics and let the conversation come naturally.  He didn't complain about the use of the word "like." I told him he was like a little ball of sunshine he was so freakin' happy.

And I wondered to myself, after being with Heathcliff for so long and seeing how in shock I am to talk someone like this, is this what I've been missing? How could I forget that most people are happy on a daily basis?

1 comment:

  1. I like that you used the word "like" to describe you're friend. You should use that word as often as you like!

    You're in my prayers. Let us know if you need a girl's night!

    ReplyDelete